# Work with API3
Consider joining the distributed, highly collaborative Core Development Team at API3. We are constantly searching for talented individuals who think blockchain technology is the big thing and want to build a future where off-chain, real-world data seamlessly interfaces with smart contracts and decentralized applications.
# We are Builders
The Core Development Team is focused on delivering optimized solutions to securely, efficiently, and transparently access off-chain data. We are pioneers in first-party oracle technology that underlies a growing ecosystem of institutions participating in the Web3 API economy. In addition to working in public and releasing open source software, the Core Development Team embraces automation, experimentation, multi-hat roles, high standards, and supporting one another.
Here are some great roles we need help with. Then again, maybe you can define one for us. Contact Us →
- Senior Quality Assurance/Quality Control Engineer
- Blockchain Technical Project Manager
- Full Stack Developer
- Elixir Backend Developer
- Senior Blockchain Engineer
# Senior Quality Assurance/Quality Control Engineer Job Description
- Hands-on manual investigation and reproduction of functional backend software issues.
- Root cause analysis of existing test script failures.
- Identification of current test script deficiencies and candidates for additional scripted coverage.
- Investigatory testing of unreleased features including defining requirements, behavior and impact.
- Documentation and design of candidate test scenarios for the above.
- 5 years+ of backend QA engineering experience, frontend manual/auto testing experience is a great bonus.
- 1 year+ of Smart contract security auditing/testing.
- Full cycle testing from designing manual tests, developing scripts and execution.
- Strong experience with Blockchain Ethereum technologies.
- Scripting ability using NodeJs, bash, Python.
- Experience testing backend services such as APIs, Databases, distributed services (non-monolithic), solidity smart contract.
- Enjoys breaking things and solving problems - not just able to find out the 'what', but also the 'why'.
- Very good English and good communication skills.
# Blockchain Technical Project Manager Job Description
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services.
- A strong understanding of the API connectivity problem is desirable.
- Understand how to design scalable software.
- Be conversant with emerging technologies.
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- 5+ years of experience managing complex technology projects.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc).
- Experience with project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Experience and proficiency with web technologies and tools.
- Track record of authoring forward looking technology roadmap/ yearly planning docs to enable trade-off and decision at leadership level.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Master's degree in a business or technology discipline or related field.
- Superior project management and organizational skills.
- Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience delivering large-scale systems with world-class availability, scalability, and performance requirements.
- Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis, financial understanding, and process optimization.
# Full Stack Developer Job Description
- 3 years of experience building single page applications with React or similar.
- Solid fundamental understanding of unit, integration, and e2e testing.
- Practical experience building and consuming RESTful APIs in node.js.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST).
- Experience using CI/CD tools and systems such as Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Sass, Bootstrap or similar.
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
- Strong desire to learn, communicate, and share knowledge with others.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience architecting and implementing complex solutions from infrastructure to application level.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, or similar) and/or containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with SQL, RMDBS, and NoSQL.
- UI/UX Design experience is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Unix/Linux.
Seeking eight (8) years of overall experience performing web development activities with a Bachelor’s Degree.Contact Us →
# Elixir Backend Developer Job Description
- 7+ years of experience is a professional development environment.
- 4+ years of experience with Functional programming (Ideally Elixir).
- 1+ years of experience working with AWS or other cloud environments (GCP, Azure).
- The ability to improve everyday and take ownership of your work.
- The ability to collaborate with team members and be coachable.
- 7+ years working as a full stack engineer.
- Passionate about Elixir and filling in any gaps of knowledge of the cutting edge language.
- Experience with React/NextJs Framework.
- Passionate about growing on a daily basis.
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance.
# Senior Blockchain Engineer Job Description
- 2+ years of smart contract development experience in Solidity (experience in other smart contract languages is an asset).
- Strong knowledge of design principles both specific to smart contract (like factory pattern, proxy design) or more generic like OOP, functional programming, REST.
- Experience in Solidity, Typescript, OpenZeppelin standards, Web3, Truffle/Hardhat, the Graph, NodeJS, AWS, MySQL/Postgres, MongoDB/NoSQL.
- Experience in smart contract auditing is a strong asset.
- Familiar with cryptography and encryption methods. Experience with enterprise level key management solutions or projects is a strong asset.
- Ability to grow yourself and other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and screenshare/peer debugging.